Fashion

England's super soccer pin-up Jamie Redknapp, a star of the brilliant Euro 96 team, is playing the field - and has shown the red card to settling down with just one woman.
The sexy Liverpool midfielder makes no apologies for hitting the town with his mates but says he's Lycra Leggingssuspicious of beauties who try to score with him!
Jamie, 22, says "I'm a lad and I want to go out and play around. What's wrong with that?
"I'm not an angel. That's the way I want to be. You've got to be a bit of a rascal sometimes.
"When women approach me in clubs or wherever, they may seem very genuine but I have to stand back and ask myself, 'Does she like me for me or because I'm famous?'
"I've got to be so careful with people nowadays.
"As far as finding The One for me, I always believe that sooner or later you are going to meet someone and it just happens, so I'll wait.
"People expect footballers to jump into bed with everyone,
but I'm not ready to make a commitment to one girl.
"I'm not sure what I want from a relationship yet so it wouldn't be fair. I want to play the field.
"But I'll be honest with you and say I've been knocked back lots of times and it makes you feel stupid, particularly if your mates are about.
"There's probably a few blokes now thinking, 'Oh yeah, sure you have'. It's true, honest."
But the stylish player, dubbed the Catwalk King by his Anfield team-mates, won't rule out a future lovematch with ex-Eternal singer Louise Nurding. The couple have been inseparable since meeting at a Take That gig about four years ago and Louise admits it's natural to assume they're an item.
"Louise is a great girl, fantastic really. She's brilliant company and I know she's gorgeous," says Jamie.
"People are always telling me we'd be good together so who knows what will happen.
"It's an old line but it just happens to be true - we are just close friends at the moment. Fortunately I get to see a lot of her. We mix in the same circle of friends. But we've both got so much on with our careers that we really couldn't get it together at the moment."
One girlfriend who did grab the headlines was millionaire's daughter Davinia Murphy, who reportedly dumped Jamie for Manchester United star Ryan Giggs.
Jamie says "I went out with her a couple of times, just dates, about two years ago - a long time before she met Ryan.
"But it wasn't a case of her dumping me. It just didn't work out mutually.
"I've had about four steady girlfriends. About six months ago I split up with a girl who was at college in Latex CatsuitsLeeds.
"We just couldn't get it together as boyfriend and girlfriend but we're still friends now - which I'm grateful for."
Jamie, the youngest son of West Ham manager Harry Redknapp, still hasn't come to terms with why his female fans aren't interested in his on-field performance. Every week he gets perfume-scented love notes by the sackful - including letters from girls begging for a date or trying to lure him with lace underwear.
He jokes "All sorts of things go through your mind when you get sent a pair of knickers.
"I think, 'Ooh, is it from Elle Macpherson?' If only!
"I get asked what I do with all the knickers - I wear them, of course!"
Female adoration aside, the kind of praise Jamie really gets excited about is the endorsement of England coach Terry Venables.
When the team beat Scotland 2-0 in a marvellous Euro 96 clash, Jamie was hailed by his coach as the man who turned the game around when he replaced Stuart Pearce at half-time.
Jamie played for 40 minutes before twisting his ankle ligaments and leaving the pitch on a stretcher.
But football experts across the country raved about his calming influence and ability to win the ball and feed Liverpool team-mate Steve McManaman.

0 comments:

Post a Comment